The Queen’s Theatre opened in 1953.
It opened in a converted cinema in Station Lane (the site of the present Ripon House development) that had been used for storage during the Second World War. The opening production was See How They Run.
The building deteriorated, as buildings will, and the London Borough of Havering built their splendid home in 1974. The current building was opened by Sir Peter Hall in April 1975, with a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
They were honoured with a visit from HM The Queen in 2003, their fiftieth anniversary, and in 2013 they celebrated our Diamond Jubilee.