Four of your #StageFaves performers are in the final shortlists in this year's Evening Standard Theatre Awards: Glenn Close, Andy Karl, Sheridan Smith and Tyrone Huntley. Congratulations to them all - and, once again, to all the longlisted performers as well. Winners are announced in November...
Final shortlists were announced in today's newspaper for the 2016 Evening Standard Theatre Awards. Winners for these annual awards, the first of the season's theatrical prize-givings and now in their 63rd year, will be announced in a ceremony at the Old Vic Theatre on Sunday 13 November 2016.
In addition to Play categories including Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Play, there are two specific musical categories, listed below. In addition, in the cross-genre Emerging Talent field, Tyrone Huntley is shortlisted for his Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar.
Best Musical Performance - final shortlist
- Glenn Close, Sunset Boulevard (Coliseum)
- Andy Karl, Groundhog Day (Old Vic)
- Sheridan Smith, Funny Girl (Menier Chocolate Factor/Savoy Theatre)
There are also special awards - the Beyond Theatre prize, Editor’s Award and the Lebedev Award - which will also be announced at the ceremony on 13 November. And, finally, audience have the chance to vote for one of the following six shortlisted shows for the Evening Standard Radio 2 Audience Award for Best Musical.
Best Musical - Radio 2 Audience Award
- Funny Girl (Menier Chocolate Factory/Savoy Theatre)
- Groundhog Day (Old Vic)
- Guys & Dolls (Savoy/Phoenix Theatres)
- Jesus Christ Superstar (Open Air Theatre)
- Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour (National Theatre) - the NT told us this is a play so didn't qualify for #StageFaves inclusion (#justsaying!)
- Sunset Boulevard (Coliseum)
Best Muscial voting has now closed.