Very loosely based on the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Spamalot tells the tale of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and their quest to find the fabled relic.
It features a chorus line of dancing nuns (with serfs), ferocious and flatulent Frenchmen, killer rabbits and a legless knight.
Join King Arthur as he travels around the land gathering his Knights of the Round Table. This band of hapless adventurers is then tasked with a divine mission to locate the illusive Holy Grail – with uproarious consequences accompanied by comic tunes including Brave Sir Robin, We’re Knights of the Round Table and perennial favourite Always Look on the Bright Side of Life.
Spamalot was the winner of the 2005 Tony Award for Best New Musical, written by Python legend Eric Idle. He wrote the score alongside John DuPrez, who is famous for his work on Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life amongst a host of other big-name scores.
Director: Daniel Buckroyd
Designer: Sara Perks
Choreographer: Ashley Nottingham
Lighting: David W Kidd
Sound: Chris Bogg
The 2017-18 UK tour of Spamalot visits:
- 8-16 September Blackpool Opera House
- 18-23 September Bridlington Spa
- 25-30 September Edinburgh King's
- 3-7 October Birmingham New Alexandra
- 10-14 October Sunderland Empire
- 23-28 October Exeter Northcott
- 30 October-4 November Chester Storyhouse
- 7-11 November Manchester Palace
- 14-18 November Woking New Victoria
- 21-25 November Wimbledon New
- 15-20 January 2018 Buxton Opera House
- 29 January-3 February Hexagon Reading
- 19-24 February Portsmouth New Theatre Royal
- 26 Febuary- 3 March Coventry Belgrade Theatre
- 5-10 March Malvern Festival Theatre
- 12-17 March Billingham Forum
- 26-31 March Basildon Towngate
- 2-7 April Wirral Floral Pavilion