New Wimbledon Theatre
The New Wimbledon Theatre, owned by Ambassador Theatre Group, is a No 1 touring venue.
It is situated on the Broadway, Wimbledon, London, in the London Borough of Merton. It is a Grade II listed Edwardian theatre built by the theatre lover and entrepreneur, J B Mulholland. Built on the site of a large house with spacious grounds, the theatre was designed by Cecil Aubrey Massey and Roy Young (possibly following a 1908 design by Frank H Jones). It seems to have been the only British theatre to have included a Victorian-style Turkish bath in the basement. The theatre opened on 26 December 1910 with the pantomime Jack and Jill.
The main auditorium of the New Wimbledon Theatre - a Grade II-listed Edwardian building on The Broadway in Wimbledon, south London - is adjoined by the smaller black box space of the New Wimbledon Studio, a flexible space seating up to 80 people.